PhD holders, post docs
1) Monthly grant
a) grant: € 1040,--
b) book allowance: € 93,--
2) If necessary, the OeAD-GmbH will take out an accident and health insurance on behalf of the grant recipient. The costs for the insurance are to be taken out of the grant by the stipend.
3) If required the OeAD-GmbH will try to provide accommodation (student hall of residence or flat) for recipients of grants. Monthly expenses from € 220,-- to € 470,-- incur. An Administration fee of € 18,-- per month is payable to the OeAD-GmbH for arranging accommodation.
The costs for accommodation have to be paid out of the grant by the stipend.
4) Recipients of grants are exempted from paying tuition fees.
5) Recipients of grants from non-European developing countries will also receive a travel costs subsidy of up to € 730,-- maximum.
Recipients of Richard Plaschka grants can work as visiting researchers at university departments and institutes and carry out specialist studies in libraries, archives or at research institutions.
Eligible for application are only university lecturers in the field of history (but also related disciplines, e.g. cultural history, archaeology, musicology, provided that they deal with topics that are closely related to history) who are primarily occupied with Austria-related topics. The application must be accompanied by a list stating the titles of the lectures the applicant is holding him/herself.
It is absolutely essential that prior contact with an educational or research institution in Austria has already been made.
There is no age limit. The programme is aimed at promoting young researchers and scientists, thus it should be probable or possible to achieve the (academic) career which is planned with the help of this scholarship.
The following documents have to be uploaded with the online application at http://www.scholarships.at/:
• Two recent letters of recommendation by university lecturers (for these letters of recommendation no specific form is required but must contain the letterhead, date and signature of the person recommending the applicant and must be no older than six months at the time of application.)
• Consent of a lecturer at the Austrian target institution to supervise the applicant academically
• Scan of your passport (page with the name and photo)
• Scan of your university graduation certificate of your diploma, master, PhD or doctoral studies
* Scientific synopsis and bibliography related to the research project
In case of a successful course of your research activity a prolongation up to 18 months is possible.
After having consumed at least 12 scholarship months the "Richard Plaschka Scholarship Commission" will decide whether or not the grant recipient will qualify for follow-on contact.
Follow-on contact consists of the following measures:
- an invitation to a symposium on a historic topic every two years
- an allowance for specialist literature on the occasion of this symposium
- a one-month research grant every three years
- subscription to a subject-related specialist journal
- publication allowance
The following documents must be submitted for this:
• Report about the results of the research activities carried out to date
• Report about the extent to which the original plans have been put into practice so far
• Detailed comment and consent for further supervision of the academic supervisor
• Schedule and contents of the planned research activities for the renewal period applied for
* List of publications
* List of given lectures
* Evidence of tenure at an international Higher Education Institution
* Overview of received stipends, prices, promotion, position as visiting professor.
The application for the renewal will be examined by the "Richard-Plaschka Scholarship Committee”.
• Incomplete applications and applications not complying with the application criteria will not be taken into account!
• The selection process for all grants for Austria is competitive, i.e. there is no legal claim to a grant even if all application requirements are fulfilled.
• Applicants should take into consideration § 1 of the Data Protection Act, Federal Law Gazette of the Republic of Austria No. 165/1999, as amended, that the personal details contained in the application will be passed on to the authority dealing with their application and the contractual partners in the exchange as well as to other authorities awarding grants in Austria and will expressly agree with that.
* Examination of the formal requirements
* Examination of the application's general plausibility
* Assessment and evaluation of the application by experts
* Interviews by the "Richard Plaschka scholarship committee" in Vienna. (After submitting of the original documents and bills the travel and overnight costs will be refunded by the Federal Ministry of Science, Research and Economy)
* Final decision by the Federal Ministry of Science, Research and Economy.
The recipients of grants will get the grant contract (Letter of Award and Letter of Acceptance) from the OeAD-GmbH/ICM. The contract covers the following aspects: Start and end dates of the grant; monthly grant rate; grant payment modalities (including a possible travel cost subsidy); compulsory presence at the place of study; performance record; data protection; repayment requirements.
Details see: www.oead.at/scholarship-conditions
Federal Ministries Act 1986 (Federal Law Gazette No. 76/1986), date of the version: March 1st, 2014
Federal Finance Act 2016
Individual funding according to Sect. 1 para. 2 Z.1 ARR 2014 (Federal Law Gazette II No. 208/2014)
Decree GZ BMWFW-41.906/5-WF/V/7/2015