1) Monthly grant rate: € 1.150,--
2) Accident and health insurance, accommodation
a) If necessary, the OeAD-GmbH will take out an accident and health insurance on behalf of the grant recipient.
b) If required the OeAD-GmbH will try to provide accommodation (student hall of residence or flat) for recipients of grants. Monthly expenses from € 220,-- to € 470,-- incur. An Administration fee of € 18,-- per month is payable to the OeAD-GmbH for arranging accommodation.
The costs for accommodation and for the insurance have to be paid out of the grant by the awardee.
3) Recipients of grants are exempted from paying tuition fees.
4) Recipients of grants from non-European developing countries will also receive a travel costs subsidy of up to € 1.000,-- maximum. Travel expenses to Austrian representative authorities outside the home country are also refundable.
The following documents have to be uploaded with the online application at http://www.scholarships.at/:
• Two recent letters of recommendation by university lecturers (for these letters of recommendation no specific form is required but must contain the letterhead, date and signature of the person recommending the applicant and must be no older than six months at the time of application.)
• Consent of a habilitated lecturer at the Austrian target institution to supervise the applicant academically
• Scan of your passport (page with name and photo)
• Scan of your university graduation certificate of your diploma, master, PhD or doctoral studies
• Scientific synopsis and bibliography related to the research project
• prove of employement at an university
- Promote the scientific cooperation
- Install a platform of scientists with a research interest related to Austrian topics.
It is therefore absolutely essential that prior contact with an educational or research institution in Austria has already been made.
In case of a successful course of the research activity a prolongation up to 18 months is possible.
• Incomplete applications and applications not complying with the application criteria will not be taken into account!
• The selection process for all grants for Austria is competitive, i.e. there is no legal claim to a grant even if all application requirements are fulfilled.
• Scholarship holders are not allowed to take up paid work in Austria while receiving an OeAD grant.
• The scholarship rate is foreseen for single recipients only, not for accompanying family members
• Applicants should take into consideration § 1 of the Data Protection Act, Federal Law Gazette of the Republic of Austria No. 165/1999, as amended, that the personal details contained in the application will be passed on to the authority dealing with their application and the contractual partners in the exchange as well as to other authorities awarding grants in Austria and will expressly agree with that.
The selection follows a multistage process:
* Examination of the formal requirements
* Examination of the application's general plausibility
* Assessment and evaluation of the application by experts
* Interviews by the "Richard Plaschka scholarship committee" in Vienna. (After submitting of the original documents and bills the travel and overnight costs will be refunded by the Federal Ministry of Science, Research and Economy)
* Final decision by the Federal Ministry of Science, Research and Economy.
The experts examine and assess the applications according to the following criteria:
• Why do you want to study or conduct research in Austria?
• What exactly do you want to do in Austria during your study or research period?
• In which way do you want to carry out your project, which scientific methods do you want to use?
• What is the aim of your study or research in Austria?
• Which steps do you plan to take in order to reach this aim (attendance of lectures, archive work, interviews, …)?
• Have you already carried out some preparatory work towards achieving this aim (if so, which?)?
• Where do you want to carry out your studies or research work (library, archive, institute, …)?
• Prior studying history (duration and grades), or list of publications or documentation of your artistic activities carried out so far, respectively.
In case of a successful course of your research activity a prolongation up to 18 months is possible. After having consumed at least 12 scholarship months the "Richard Plaschka Scholarship Commission" will decide whether or not the grant recipient will qualify for follow-on contact.
Follow-on contact consists of the following measures:
- an invitation to a symposium on a historic topic every two years
- a one-month research grant every three years
- publication allowance
The recipients of grants will get the grant contract (Letter of Award and Letter of Acceptance) from the OeAD-GmbH/ICM. The contract covers the following aspects: Start and end dates of the grant; monthly grant rate; grant payment modalities (including a possible travel cost subsidy); compulsory presence at the place of study; performance record; data protection; repayment requirements.
Details see: www.oead.at/scholarship-conditions
Every scholarship holder is obliged to prove that the scholarship was used in an appropriate manner by submitting a final report at the responsible OeAD Regional Office at the end of the scholarship stay.
Federal Ministries Act 1986 (Federal Law Gazette No. 76/1986), date of the version: July 1st, 2016
Federal Finance Act 2017
Individual funding according to Sect. 1 para. 2 Z.1 ARR 2014 (Federal Law Gazette II No. 208/2014)
Decree GZ BMWFW-41.906/0002-WF/V/7/2016